Notice: This fix is for Windows XP and not for Windows Vista or Windows 7. Please make sure you always start at the the beginning of the guide.
Clean It Up! - Part 4 - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM)
- First, if you have a previous version of MBAM installed, uninstall it with Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel
- If you had to uninstall it, reboot afterwards back into Safe Mode
- Download and run this to update your infected computer
- Once run, it will ask to extract (unzip) files to a folder. Run the .exe file in the folder.
- Next, download MBAM
- Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
- Install MBAM (Can be installed/run under Safe Mode)
- Update the program
- Reboot into Safe Mode
- Do a Full Scan
- Repeat scanning with MBAM until it produces a clean result
- Click here to continue the guide
Was this step extra helpful? Please